Dove Right In - Pool Was Empty

MDavidson

Hi All,
Just Loaded RSLogix 5000 (PRO) onto my PC. Bought a dongle to go with it. Went through the Web based activation procedure, and received the appropriate text file(or so I thought). The text file has performed some sort of vanishing act. Any ideas on how to resurect this file? Allen-Bradley has of course gone home for the day. I looked everywhere on the hard drive for .lic, .txt, or .lic.txt as the knowledgebase suggests - no joy.

Thanks Mike Davidson

It seemed appropriate, given that every time I do some upgrade to ANY of A-B's software, I inevitably do it after I get home, and being as I'm on the West Coast this meens I'm on my own.

No, you can get tech support through 5 PM Pacific Time; it gets routed to a call center in... get ready... Vancouver B.C.

You have 11 minutes left.

I wish I could help, but I haven't done the Internet activation. Do they e-mail you a text file, or do you get a download link ?

I wonder if various popup blockers might have something to do with it. Hmm. Let us know what happens.

The will to be stupid is a powerful force. For anyone thinking of purchasing recent A-B software. DO NOT load it onto a PC that has XP Home as an operating system! Very bad things happen o_O. The only thing scarier than installing new PLC software is installing an upgrade to "Gates" ware. Here goes Nothing!

Hi Ken

You type faster than I read. Yes they send you a small text file, which if you are using XP PRO as opposed to XP Home should wander it's way into a folder in
Program Files/Common/Rockwell/Activation and have an extension of *.lic.
This (in the case of a dongle activation) would have to be copied into each of your computers(obviuosly there's a pointer for the dongle buried in it somewhere).
The only thing that cheeses me off in all this is that A-B might have made mention of the minimum sys req's on- oh I don't know maybe on the outside of the nice box it came in?