IEC TON Comparing in S7

nate8108

I know the question has been asked, but I got lost in that thread. I am using S7 317T, and with On Delay Timer Coil and I want to compare the accumulated value. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. I am fairly green at Programming Siemens, so anyhelp would be welcome thanks.

A link to the thread you are referring to would be useful to ensure any help isn't simply a repeat of that thread.

ET is elapsed time. However you have to disable type checking in editor to make it working: Options>Customize...>LAD/FBD: Type Check of Address - unchecked.

untitled1234.JPG

The problem with comparing the .ET (expired time) on an IEC timer is that it is formatted as a #TIME. This is just another way expressing the time as milliseconds.
You cannot do the compare in LAD or FBD because type checking will complain if you try to compare with a DINT. And there is no compare functions in LAD or FBD for TIME variables.
The simple solution is to do the compare in STL, as there is no typechecking in STL. (You can turn typechecking in LAD or FBD off, but I wouldnt do that).

So it will look like this:

L MyTimer.ET
L MD20 //is a DINT or TIME with the required limit value.
>D // check for "greater than".
= M0.0 // is TRUE if MyTimer.Et>MD20.

Hope this helps :)

I also would not turn type checking off...declare a DINT and move ET to that and compare from there. Now you can leave it all in LAD/FBD.

Otherwise make a FC and roll your own instruction.

Nick