hardware:
pc
pci ethernet card
ethernet cable
switch
CPU 319-3 PN/DP

error:
download error 13:4589

Well I went to Siemens' own support web-site and did a search for "13:4589".

I found -
Instructions:
In some cases it can happen that an online connection cannot be set up between the PG and the module and an error message is displayed. Most causes can be determined through the notes in the Online Help which you reach by clicking on "Help". The table below describes some measures and remedies that can be applied when communication or an online connection is not possible between the programming device and the CPU. The most common reasons for loss of the online connection are as follows:
  1. Incorrectly configured module in the HW Config
  2. Incorrectly configured address
  3. Incorrectly set PG/PC interface
  4. Baud rate doesn't match the network baud rate
  5. Not enough memory on the hard disk for the swap file
  6. Incorrectly set PROFIBUS DP interface
  7. Incorrectly set MPI interface
  8. Differences in the program between online and offline
  9. Permitted cycle time increase set too low
  10. Incorrectly set bus profile
1. Incorrectly configured module in the HW Config
Check whether the modules slotted in the rack (CPU, CPs) have the correct hardware configuration. The CPU and CP types must match the configuration. If you have configured an incorrect module, the system block loading procedure might be aborted and you get an error message like:
  • Download (13:4589)
    The system data could not be loaded on the module ... at station ...
    "SDB 200 could not be loaded",
    or "Parameters of the DP system data module are not valid".
Remedy:
In the Hardware Configuration you configure the modules with the correct MLFB number (e.g. 6ES7315-2AF03-0AB0 for a CPU 315-2DP). Save and compile the hardware configuration and repeat the loading procedure.

There, now that wasn't too hard, was it?

Ken

Thank you.

Hi Ken,

thank you. actually i checked all the cases...but still getting error..however i will start again...

:)

I'm betting on wrong firmware. Check that your not trying to download older version. Step 7 can do a update via Internet.

Nick

still...

i'm still getting following errors

Date: 11.05.07 time: 17:56:26
Download:
newtest\SIMATIC 300(1)\Hardware
-> Error occurred downloading the object
The block/op. sys. update is too large.
Cannot load SDB 7.
The system data cannot be loaded to module CPU 319-3 PN/DP - (R0/S2) of station SIMATIC 300(1).
Look under details or try to determine the cause for the problem using the diagnostic buffer of the module.

Date: 11.05.07 time: 17:56:29
Download:
newtest\SIMATIC 300(1)\CPU 319-3 PN/DP\S7 Program(1)\Blocks
Error: The block/op. sys. update is too large.
Error: The action was aborted.

Date: 11.05.07 time: 17:56:33
Download:
newtest\SIMATIC 300(1)\CPU 319-3 PN/DP\Connections
The block/op. sys. update is too large.
Cannot load SDB 7.
The system data cannot be loaded to module CPU 319-3 PN/DP - (R0/S2) of station SIMATIC 300(1).
Look under details or try to determine the cause for the problem using the diagnostic buffer of the module.

Is there an MMC card in the CPU ?
How large is it ?
Was the card used before ? The text "The block/op. sys. update is too large." seems to indicate that the MMC card is allready filled up.
You can try to go online via Aceesible Nodes, and then delete the blocks that comes up.
And you can try to reset the CPU.

Instructions:
It is not possible for users to format an MMC. All you can do is "reset" an MMC, which deletes all user data. Proceed as follows.
  1. The MMC is slotted in the bay of the CPU. Your CPU requests an overall reset (slow blinking of the STOP LED).
  2. Set the switch to MRES and hold it there (approx. 9 seconds) until the STOP LED lights continuously.
  3. Within the next 3 seconds you must let the switch go and set it again to MRES. The STOP LED now blinks during the delete procedure.

If the MMC continues to request an overall reset after the procedure described above, then it is defective. Note:
It is only possible to reset the MMC if it contains data that is invalid for the CPU. Otherwise the MMC is only initialized by the procedure described.

If they are SFCs or SFBs, then they cannot be deleted.
If they are OBs, FCs, FBs and/or DBs, and they cannot be deleted, then there is something wrong with the MMC. Try to reset the MMC as described above, or try another MMC.

Either the HW Configuration does not correspond with the actual hardware, as Ken's post suggested.
Try to Upload the HW Config, modify what you need to change (IP address for example) compile and try to download again, then see how it goes.

That, or the MMC card is defective.

By the way, you dont come back with much information here.
I take then that there is an MMC card ?
And I also take that the blocks you tried to delete before where SFCs or SFBs ?

h/w configuration is okie...but cant download that as well..
yeah there is MMC card and has been used before and there is no FB and OB...

plcsnetuser.
Can you imagine why "same problem" is a bit pathetic to post ?
You are making us guess as to what you are doing.
For example:
Did you try upload the hardware configuration ?
Did it go well, or did you get errors, and if so what errors ?
Does the uploaded HW configuration look correct ? Are there differences between the uploaded and the original HW configs ?
Did you try to download the HW config again ?
Did you try to change the MMC card ?

Without some information to work with, noone has a chance to help you.

JesperMP said:
plcsnetuser.
Can you imagine why "same problem" is a bit pathetic to post ?
You are making us guess as to what you are doing.
For example:
Did you try upload the hardware configuration ?
Did it go well, or did you get errors, and if so what errors ?
Does the uploaded HW configuration look correct ? Are there differences between the uploaded and the original HW configs ?

Without some information to work with, noone has a chance to help you.

Did you try upload the hardware configuration ? yeah i did but same error as i posted earlier..

Does the uploaded HW configuration look correct ? Are there differences between the uploaded and the original HW configs ? it's same..

haven't tried yet....