RSView32, Trending

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello All,

I have a trending screen that I made (works good) captures all the data that I want, but it takes a very long time to load (14 days of data), I THINK... I have the log setup they way that need to capture the correct data

So what I thought of doing was running that display in the back ground and never closing it, when they click on the button to open it, it would just bring the screen to the front, then when they are done it would not close just send it to the back, but keep running

Make sense? ok now how do I do it? other ideas?

What you think is ok but it shall definitely slow-up the update time of the overall tags. Depends on how critical are the parameters on other screens to update. Also, once your screen (Of Trend) is at background, it doesn't guarantee that when to call that screen on front (from background), it shall have the display ready (As in earlier case too, the data is already in the Log but takes time to display).

Your data logger is already logging those tags even when the trend screen is not visible, its not going to affect the tag update time. I keep 6 months of 24/7 data logged once a second for 8 pens and we keep the screen loaded even when its not visible. Unless you have a total dog for your box of crayons computer then go for it.

Genius,

Try looking at your Display Settings for the Trend chart. (Edit, Display Settings, Cache After Displaying = Yes, Always Updating = Check. This should help some to keep the data updated, so that when displayed there is not a delay while the trend is updated.

Thanks!!

Worked like a champ...I did both, changed the settings and have it running in the back ground