9300-usbs adaptor

DUNK

Simple question...

I just received a new 9300-usbs adaptor. While installing the software I got one of those wonderfull error boxes telling me that it has not passed Logo Testing. Instead of spending hours scrolling through the Rockwell Automation website I was wondering if any of you guys knew if the 9300 USB adaptor was compatible with XP pro??

Thanks,

DUNK

Don't sweat the unsigned driver warning. The 9300-USBS is used almost exclusively on XP Pro operating systems.

Related: The new 1761-NET-ENI utility for the Series D modules resolves the USB/RS232 incompatibility, and the new utility will work with the 9300-USBS and most other USB/RS232 converters. It will configure all Series of 1761-NET-ENI modules.

Related and tired: The RSLinx Classic 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver does not work with any kind of USB/RS232 converter. Use the 1747-UIC device instead.

Which driver in Linx?

Installing the 9300-USBS and all is well with Windows recognizing the device but my question is which driver do i use when setting it up in linx? is this dependant on what device i want to connect to?

for instance if i want to connect to a panelview do i configure AB-DF1 or RS232 DF1 devices and use COM7 (which is where Windows put it)?

thanks