PowerFlex Serial Converter

rbkief

We have purchased the PowerFlex Serial Converter Kit which included the 22-SCM-232, 22-RJ45CBL-C20, and 1203-SFC.

I can't seem to locate the the 22-RJ45CBL-C20 which I came with the kit, therefore I replaced it with a standard RJ45 patch cable (straight through cable) trying to do parameter(s) backup on PowerFlex 4/40's but not able to communicate using Drive Explorer or Drive Executive.

I also tried using a X-Over RJ45 cable but no luck.

I went and tried using Hyper Terminal, and able to communicate with the Serial Converter (able to display the unit's parameters) but not with the PowerFlexs.

I have checked the communication settings on Powerflex and matches with my serial. Thus 8-none-1 @9600 baud rate.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Is it my cable? If so.. can you tell me the Pinout on the RJ45 cable so that I can make one.

Thanks in advance

Rey