Abb Af100

Terra70

Does anyone know if there is hardware to connect an ABB AF100 bus (coaxial cable) to a new PC running with Win XP? Today there is a communication card (might be ISA) in an old PC running on NT 4.0. I also will need an OPC server. The PLCs on the bus are AC70 and AC110. Anybody with experience with these things??? (ABB is kind of slow with their answer...)

Hi

I have not decided what to do yet, but if it can help you, i got some simple information from ABB support (at last).

There is an OPC server version that supports Win XP, AC 100 OPC Server 4.1.

They recommend Advant Fieldbus Interface Hardware (CI527). I think this is an PCI card for twisted pair. Drivers for XP i dont know.

Adapter for coaxial to twisted pair, SB 512.