OFF Topic...PRFE ?? My German friends

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Any idea what PRFE stands for (type of material) it looks to be ceramic but its conductive and hard, its a bushing

This may be for my German speaking friends...its a German acronym

Thanks,

genius,

Are you sure it's PRFE and not PTFE? =common name teflon or polytetrafluoroethylene

Or is it
http://www.paper.******/downloadpaper.php?serial_number=tangshaolong-13&type=2Synthesis and magnetic properties of PrFe V Ti and their nitrides

nitrides are somtimes called cermets

Thanks for the replys

No typo.. I has to be conductive even if it was carbon impregnated, it would still be too soft (teflon and any poly are out), you can hardly even scratch this stuff

Its bushing for a dip roller, the product that we make (here) is non-conductive resin, the material that is pulled across the roll is semi conductive (silica) thus having the possibility of creating static charge

So if the bushings are non conductive then the static would arc to the closest ground after the charge is large enough and would not react well with the highly flammable product {{boom}}

I have to maintain continuity between the frame (holding the rollers) and earth ground to dissipate and charge

still looking at the nitride pdf thanks (it has the compound)

This may be compleltely stupid but could it be PrFe - i.e. praseodymium-iron alloy? Praseodymium is a rare-earth element and is used, together with iron, for magnets.

That would explain a ceramic feel, hardness and conductivity. Or it may be an entirely out-of-wack idea...

LadderLogic said:
.. Or it may be an entirely out-of-wack idea...

I don't think so...I think you are correct, that would explain the the cost also ($174.00 for a 22mm bushing) thanks

milldrone,
Thanks for the link, but it needs to be that material...gun shy, one of our sister plant's tried a different material (bad idea), one of my issues is that it has to be able to withstand our material (solvents)

Thanks for all the links Randy