Timers

DHAMBONE

Does anyone know if a SLC 505 timer can be set up for thousands. I know the 504 cannot. I have situation where 1/100th is either too much or not enough using a 504. I have 505 on the shelf but do not know if it is worth changing it out.

SOME can, depending on the OS level, but not with traditional timers TON.

Look up RHC and TDF instructions. Good to 0.000010 seconds (10 uS)

Just be aware, that if you need extreme accuracy, the SLC timers aren't going to give it to you anyway, as they are scan time dependent.

Maybe you need to consider using an interrupt routine?

rdrast said:
Just be aware, that if you need extreme accuracy, the SLC timers aren't going to give it to you anyway, as they are scan time dependent.

Maybe you need to consider using an interrupt routine?

I recommended he look into the above instructions because, combined with your idea (interrupt), they can be used to do high speed timing. Of course, there are practical limits to everything. I used them to calculate the RPM of a driven motor load by looking at the rising edge of a 'once per rev.' proximity switch...and, it worked (within the requirements of the application)