ABB Drives Communication

Greg Dake

I've used a couple of different communication protocols with ABB VFD's. Specifically DeviceNet and ModbusRTU on the ACS550 and ACS350. I've been very satisfied with ABB drives, however the communicaiton adapters offered for these drives have been cumbersome in the past. I have posted about this in the past, and others responded with a similar experience.

They now offer the RETA-01 module, which is Ethernet I/P. It looks a little more promising. Does anyone have any experience with the RETA-01 module yet? They've been out for about a year and a half.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Greg

Similar Topics

I have an ABB ACS580 drive with an FEIP-21 communications module. It is currently configured with an IP address and I have verified communications...
Replies
Views
hello to everyone, please guide me how to communicate ABB ACS800 drives and siemens s7-400 drives via profibus , actually i m familiar about...
Replies
Views
I am using a Red Lion DA30D Gateway to control 12 ABB drives via RS485 from a M580 PLC. I send -20000 to 20000 as the speed Setpoint to each...
Replies
Views
Guys, does anybody know the difference between various control panels for ABB drives? I couldn't find any explanation on ABB site apart from that...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, how to fix problem on my abb drives with a fault 101 on panel?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom