Decimal to Binary conversion in RS5000

tcat_chucky

Good morning,

I have recently upgraded a program from PLC2 up to RS5000. I have a need to convert a decimal number to binary.(non-bcd)The way the conversion was taking place isn't an option in RS5000. I am curious if there is an instruction that will do this and place the result in a register.
I have tried a MOV and that will work in tandem with some other math instructions and write the result on an output card. Just wondering if something is canned allready for a decimal to binary conversion and place it in a register.

Thanks in advance.

OK - The way he worded it I took his 'decimal number' to be a BCD type number especially since he emphasized that by 'binary' he meant '(non-bcd)'. If that's not what he meant then I have no idea what he wants.

Tcat-Chucky - can you please clarify what you mean by your terms.