How to edit Siemens S7 instance DB?

richxie

Hi everyone,
A customer has a S7-300 program, but all written in German. I am trying to translate it to English. But I found those in instance DBs do not allow me to change. Does any know how to edit them?

Thanks,

Hi,
Find out the Function block that the instance Data block is assigned to i.e FB2,DB2 and then change the text within the declaration area of the Function Block, This is located in the top section of the FBD/LAD/STL Editor below the icons. Watch out for possible timestamp errors though!

Hope this helps

Steve

Last edited:
STL??? said:
Hi,
Find out the Function block that the instance Data block is assigned to i.e FB2,DB2 and then change the text within the declaration area of the Function Block, This is located in the top section of the FBD/LAD/STL Editor below the icons. Watch out for possible timestamp errors though!

Hope this helps

Steve

I think I tried it. However it doesn't allow me to change. Here is the screenshot:

Last edited:
I opened the FB. But I just noticed that these tags that I can not change are nested under Interface\Stat. From there it has its own IN, Out, IN_out and Stat.

Last edited:
Just to make sure, does your Simatic manager look something like below and you don't have the little padlocks on the function block in question ?

view1.JPG

You have drilled down too deeply. The LHF_01 items are other function blocks which have been declared in this function blocks interface (something called multiple instance function blocks which allows all the function blocks to share the same instance DB). You can change names with the little tag by them but not those underneath with a circled grey block. Click on the STAT section and the number of the function block will be shown.