Downtime Reporting

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

I am looking for a software package to monitor some info
in a slc processor.I need to get OEE,some falt reporting and back
it up to a database.The amount of info is small so sacda is a little out of my budget.Can anyone suggest a package that I can buy.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

What version of RSLinx do you have? If you have at least OEM, you may be able to cheaply do your data monitor with the DDE/OPC functionality.

Just a thought...

Hi ABwiz

I have both OEM and Pro.
Could you please explain more on how I could do this.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

I have used DDE/OPC and a simple VB application on more than one occasion to do exactly what you are trying to do. Afterall, I already have RSLinx OEM and a Visual Basic installed on my computer so why not use it.

Using Excel is really cost effective if it provides the neccessary tools to do the data logging. You will have to play with it and see for yourself.

Follow OkiePC's suggestions and you should be able to get data pretty quickly. If you need something more custom, let us know.

Hi all

Thanks for the posts.I have VB and rs linxs but I have never
used VB.I know a guy that can help me.Its about time I did some
VB and stop trying to avoid it.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

Using VB is pretty simple IMO. Sometimes though, it is not sufficient (or efficient) enough for what you are trying to do. In this case, I think it will be perfect.

Good luck..!!