supersonic4

Hi I just joined up and are searching for info on allen bradley plc5/15 and slc 5/02 slc/500,started a new job and this is what they have in the factory, used to use siemons in my old job.
John

Greetings supersonic4 ...

and welcome to the forum ... my distinguished colleague monkeyhead has already steered you onto the Allen-Bradley “Manuals Online” website ... as he said, you can download just about anything that you’ll need from there ... the only problem is that there’s so much information available that’s it’s usually pretty difficult for a newcomer to figure out where to start ...

here are a few “must read” selections that I’d recommend based on what you’ve already posted about your equipment ...

Classic 1785 PLC-5 Programmable Controllers User Manual ... this will give you the basics on how the PLC-5/15 system hardware goes together ...

PLC-5 Programmable Controllers Instruction Set Reference Manual ... this one will answer most of your questions about how timers, counters, etc. function in a PLC-5 program ...

RSLogix5 Getting Results Guide ... this will give you a “starting point” knowledge of how to use the RSLogix5 software to program and monitor the PLC-5 ...

SLC-500 Modular Hardware Style User Manual ... this will give you the basics on how the SLC-5/02 system hardware goes together ...

SLC-500 Instruction Set Reference Manual ... this one will answer most of your questions about how timers, counters, etc. function in an SLC-5/02 program ...

RSLogix500 Getting Results Guide ... this will give you a “starting point” knowledge of how to use the RSLogix500 software to program and monitor the SLC-5/02 ...

keep in mind that you didn’t tell us what software your plant has available ... if it turns out that it’s something other than the RSLogix5 and RSLogix500 packages that I’ve mentioned above, then you’ll need to research other manuals to get started with the software that you have on hand ... or (MUCH better yet) have your company upgrade to the RSLogix software family ...

next, a friendly “survival tip”: keep in mind that both the PLC-5/15 and the SLC-5/02 systems are older systems ... specifically, they won’t support some of the newer features that you might read about in your research ... there’s nothing wrong with that - just as long as you’re aware that some of the latest “bells-and-whistles” that you see mentioned on the forum - and in some of the manuals - might not pertain to the equipment that you have available ...

finally ... besides the basic manuals that I’ve mentioned above, most of the modules that your systems will use also have their own individual manuals ... if I were you, I’d make a careful list of ALL of the Allen-Bradley hardware that you have on hand (exact CATALOG numbers) just to have handy when you continue your research ...

if you have other questions, please come back again ... I hope this helps ...