No connection to Mitsubishi Aj72-R25

Rosc

Hey Guy'sI'm trying to communicate with an oldy.
It's an Mitsubishi Aj72.
I tried to get some info from the net, but there is not allot to be found.
I still think it's just a plc with a coomunication card in it.
But if i start up the software i can't find it back, i don't know to which family it belongs. A,AnN,A2, etc.
I've got the cable, SC-09, it's new and not self made.
I'm using Melsec Medoc plus.
I've also tried earlier versions, but no sucses.
The display says that the plc is running.
But if i try to upload the program, i get a no match.
Can i anyone help me.

This is what i found on the AJ72

If its what you have then its a RIO module for the Q series and not directly a plc itself ?

edit: heres another link showing the AJ72R25 as a data link module for Q series or maybe AnS series, discontinued 2006 ?

Last edited:
Aj72r15

Thanks Dave,

I aspected something like that.
But is it possible to use it as a plc to.
Because it has a communication portr.
Or is that just to say with which plc it has to communicate???

If I'm right the AJ is a communications link to other peripherals, it is an inteligent card for communications you still need a plc module in the rack something like an A1 or A2n etc.

The new Q series have simular cards but you will allways need the PLC card, PSU & Rack.