Buying a new laptop

sgates

I need to buy a new laptop, but am unsure of what to buy so all Allen Bradley Software will be compatible. I have heard that the new duel core processors have had compatibility issues, is this true. If anyone has some suggestions for me on hardware and software I would appreciate it.

Thanks sgates

I currently use a Latitude D810 and a Latitude D820. I run just about every AB/RA sofware package on both of them and have NEVER had a problem with combatibility issues...

I have been using Dell for several years now and have always been happy. I give them my two thumbs up...I stick with the Latitude series because they offer a true built-in RS232 port. This seems to be a must when dealing with alot of AB hardware that requires the serial port.

abwiz said:
I currently use a Latitude D810 and a Latitude D820. I run just about every AB/RA sofware package on both of them and have NEVER had a problem with combatibility issues...

I have been using Dell for several years now and have always been happy. I give them my two thumbs up...I stick with the Latitude series because they offer a true built-in RS232 port. This seems to be a must when dealing with alot of AB hardware that requires the serial port.

I'm using dell Lattitude D620, previous is Inspiron 510m, now no more serial port in Inspiron family, cheapest you can get with serial port is D620. Around USD1300 c/w 3 years complete cover. Complete cover - covers accidentally hardware damage! 'Accidentally' drop into water or run over by a truck !

Have had good experience with Dell D800 and D820. Real serail port works on everything. Also with the extended warranty I can break it, and dell will fix it for three years... Can't beat that.