Massage

CONTROL1

Need help, I wanted to Massage from SLC 5/04 to ControlLogix 5000 using Ethernet for Network. I have problem with my MSG block setup in SLC: In Setup Screen: Comm = PLC5Write, Data Table Address = N7:70, Size Elem = 4. In Target Device: Data Table Address = Slc_Read_Data, and in Remote. Any help appreciate.

In Setup Screen: Comm = PLC5Write

This should be 500CPUWrite. You other variables look OK.

Make sure you have the correct node set up on the 5000 DHRIO.

Have fun with you massage.

I always had better luck making an array called "N7" in the control logix and letting it write directly there.

-jeff

Honestly, I'm not sure where you are entering "SLC_READ_DATA". That wont work if you try to use that as the address in the msg instruction in the SLC, will it? Where is that error coming from?

Oh and just general question here, in the CL, is slc_read_data an array, if so, how big, and how many elements are you trying to write to it?

-jeff

The SLC_READ_DATA is loacted in the SLC MSG block inside Setup Screen and under Target Device where Data Table Address: SLC_READ_DATA. I wanted to use this tag in the ControlLogic where the data will be storage.

SLC to ControlLogix

I haven't tried the messaging over ethernet but have recently completed a project with 10 SLC's sending data to a ControlLogix PLC via DH+ and this uses the same instruction within the SLC code. Now supposedly you can enter the name of the tag the data should be written to in the MSG instruction but despite several attempts I couldn't get it to work.

The following did work.
I created a tag "My_SLC_Data" which was an array of 10 INT's to sent the data to.
I then used the mapping in the RS Logix 5000 ("Map PLC/SLC Messages" from the "Logic" menu)and created a mapping for the CLX tag "My_SLC_Data" to file 10.
In the Target Device part of the MSG Setup in the SLC, the Data Table Address should be entered as N10:0. In this example the '10' is the file mapping in the CLX and '0' is the first address to write to. N2:5 would start the write to the 5th element of the tag mapped to file 2. Note that N10 or N2 does not have to exist in the SLC its just the way of entering the file number .

Hope this helps

I see how you got the SLC_READ_DATA into the msg block now. It will allow that if you are doing a PLC5 write. I don't have the manual in front of me, but I didn't think you could do that. I'm thinking you have to use SLC type write. When I've done this before, I could not get the mapping pugwash is describing to work, so I just cheated and created an array called N7. But I think I've already mentioned that, so I'll just be qu

Ahh, maybe thats where I was messing up when I tried it. Hope I can remember that the next time this comes up for me.

-jeff

Back
Top Bottom