password for S7-300

elkawafi

Hi Every body

My friend bought a butter filling machine long time ago which driven by S7-300,that coonnected via profibus to Siemens OPerator panel 07.
He is warried that the s7-300 program is protected by password, however he can not get any support from the manufacture
Can any one help me for how i can beak up the the password protection, so that i can use the program in case of fault.

Thank you for your help in advance

Elkawfi

elkawafi

By 'password' protected, do you mean the read/write protection setup in the hardware configuration, or that certain blocks are password protected?

To be honest, as I don't use these features I am not really sure on how to remove the protection.

For the hardware protection, I assume that you have to connect your PC to the PLC, click PLC drop down menu, then 'Access rights' you should then be able to turn off the read/write protection.

For the 'know how protect' that can be applied to blocks I can't help you on that I am afraid.

Maybe someone can elighten us on that.

Have you tried to access this program yet? You say your friend is worried that it might be protected, I would confirm that before you worry too much about cracking the password protection.

Paul

Ron, you must have slipped your reply in while I was typing mine, thanks for that link though!

Last edited:
Hello elkawafi

I can remove the so called "Know How Protection" from S7 Blocks.

Just send me your project.

First, as Paul says; you need to check to see if it is protected in anyway?

Regards,

Steve

hi to Paul and Ron.