Kintex 6000 Drives

pool.m

How do you enable the drives to Not fault on a 3 phase power loss?

I have checked my firmware revision (1.85) on the drives, and I should be able to stop axis on a 3 phase power loss.

In RSLogix 5000 V16 there is a setting under axis properties called fault actions. I am able to change the phase loss setting on the first drive, but the other drives have this setting greyed out.

Thanks in Advance

Couple of things

1) look at http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ControlFlash/
for V16 CLX you require V1.95 Kinetics (not 1.85)
2) Is it possible that the 3 phase loss is only for the IAM module and the setting applies for the rest of the rack - Test it by tripping the AM module

have you read http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rn/2094-rn007_-en-p.pdf Release notes for V16 and kinetics 1.95

What is your wiring like? Can you get any warning before the bus drops?

I have an E-Stop wired to the enable on the IAM Module. From the enable relay I connect to the I/O on the LIM. When the E-Stop is pressed, I disable the contactor in the LIM.

When the drives are enabled and I press the E-Stop, they fault E-37. The firmware must be >1.65(can't remember exact revision)and if all 3 phase is lost, the drives will go into a stop. They will not fault.

Thanks

We use to have those here but done away with them and bought a couple of Power Flex 70's and brake resistors. They were just too dang expensive and aggravating to work with.

When you open the program in RS5000 you should have a Motion Groups tree. Right click on the servo axis you want to work with and you should see a Motion Direct Command option in that window. I think...Its been a while...But I think you have to stop the drive under the Motion State file. I think its the MSF command. Just click on that command to highlight it and press the execute button. The reason those settings are greyed out is because the drive is enabled. Just make sure you reenable the drive. Ummm I think its the MSO command.

Hope this gets you on the right track. Been a while since I worked on these things.

DUNK

Hi,

I have upgraded the firmware in the drives to 1.95. I am still getting the fault when all three phases are loss at the same time.

I was wondering if anybody can confirm that the drives will fault, and this is normal. Or is there a way to make them not fault when all three phases are loss?