Mitsubishi A-series plc

Killercal

Can anyone give me a good description of what a [NOPLF] is in an A-Series Mitsubishi PLC. A description and how it works would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

Found this:

NOPLF.jpg

Thanks for the answer Bloke,

So does this mean that it is just in the code for printing out the code? Sorry if this is a basic question, but I'm new to Mitsubishi and the manual I got from www.MEAU.com doesn't give a description on it.

Thanks, Scott

here is what it looks like in the code
Screenshot.JPG

Last edited:
The way i read it the NOPLF performs a Page Feed on the printer.

The way your program shows this would be continuous ?

Is there a printer attached to the plc ?

I think there is I'm not 100% sure, but I am going onsite today. I will have a better understanding of the equipment at the end of the day.

Thanks for you help and I will let you know my findings.

[font=Arial,Bold]
Dave, I found this in the GX developer manual...a good description, so this is just for when you are printing out the code. It's good to know, and it doesn't have an impact on the operations of the code.​
NOPLF
[/font]
(1) This is a no operation instruction that has no impact on any operations up to that point.
(2) The NOPLF instruction is used when printing from a peripheral device to force a page
change at any desired location.
1) When printing ladders
• A page break will be inserted between ladder blocks with the presence of the NOPLF
instruction.
• The ladder cannot be displayed correctly if an NOPLF instruction is inserted in the
midst of a ladder block.
Do not insert an NOPLF instruction in the midst of a ladder block.
2) When printing instruction lists
• The page will be changed after the printing of the NOPLF instruction.
(3) Refer to the Operating Manual for the peripheral device in use for details of printouts from
peripheral devices.