How to connect Panel View Plus 600 via SERIAL???

Eugenio

well I need to connect the PV+ via serial

I tried but always the same problem "the destination selected is not a valid device"

I'm using a 5/04 processor

rahulkumardave said:
Are you trying to connect SLC 5/04 serial port to PV+ or you want to communicate using your workstation / Laptop?

comunicate using my laptop to download mi project in the PV+

I just had the same proble and wasn't able to fix it.

Try to communicate via ethernet it's a easier.

rahulkumardave said:
For serial, I think if it's DF1, then you should use NC13 cable (Not CP3). NC13 cable means straight cable. (pin2 ==> pin2, Pin3 ==> pin3, Pin 5 ==> pin 5).

yes is DF1
--------------------------------------------------

but what process I need to download mi project in the PV+, using serial connection.

you shold go to the "communications" pallet on the RSViewStudio explorer

then you should right click on the RSLinx Enterprise and choose "add a new driver", choose "Serial DF1" and configure it according to your settings (baud rate, COM port, etc).

then this driver should apper, you should right click on it and then choose "add new device"

then choose your PV+600, it should be on the "CE Terminals" folder

and then, via the "transfer utility" you should browse for your program and pick the PV+ destination and then download it.

Note:
I did exactly this and still couldn't communicate via Serial, and then I did it via Ethernet and problem solved

juanmdx said:
Note:
I did exactly this and still couldn't communicate via Serial, and then I did it via Ethernet and problem solved

does not work for me :mad:

ok lets try via ethernet, to do it via ethernet i need a crosover cable right?

If you are still trying serial, you have to set the local and target configurations within the application. Start with local, this is the config used when running ME station on your laptop and for downloading to the PV+. You should only add the Serial DF1 driver and browse for the SLC by right clicking the driver and selecting "Show all Devices" and then "Start Browsing". If you can see the SLC you can run your app to test. Now make a shortcut (topic) and have the SLC high-lighted and apply. Use the copy button to make the target config. Thsi is the one the PV+ will use to comm to the SLC. Note that the address of the SLC should be 1.

Disconnect cable from SLC and connect to PV+ and within the transfer utility, browse for PV+. If it is found you can download. Sometimes have to collapse and expand comm tree to find PV+.

Disconnect cable from laptop and connect to SLC. It should be working. I did this Monday, so it is still fresh in my mind..

Derek McFarland said:
If you are still trying serial, you have to set the local and target configurations within the application. Start with local, this is the config used when running ME station on your laptop and for downloading to the PV+. You should only add the Serial DF1 driver and browse for the SLC by right clicking the driver and selecting "Show all Devices" and then "Start Browsing". If you can see the SLC you can run your app to test. Now make a shortcut (topic) and have the SLC high-lighted and apply. Use the copy button to make the target config. Thsi is the one the PV+ will use to comm to the SLC. Note that the address of the SLC should be 1.

Disconnect cable from SLC and connect to PV+ and within the transfer utility, browse for PV+. If it is found you can download. Sometimes have to collapse and expand comm tree to find PV+.

Disconnect cable from laptop and connect to SLC. It should be working. I did this Monday, so it is still fresh in my mind..

just did it step by step and browsed for the PV+ and it not appears

Go to the terminal config of the PV+ and check the RSLinx Enterprise config. I had problems when the address was set to one. Set it to 19,200 baud, no handshaking, BCC with an address of zero. The SLC always appears as address one. Check the config of CH0 - System in the SLC to match.