AB 1756-DNB No Tx Error

quasar273

Hello!
I am trying to setup a devicenet 1756-DNB card in a contrologix Chasis. I am communicating with it using a 1756-ENBT card. I can see the card in Rslinx. Status of the LEDs is as follows

Mod/Net: Red Blinking
OK: Off

The module display reads No Tx.

In the manual it says that if OK LED is off, this means that power is not going to the module. I have checked - 24VDC power is coming through the device-net connector connected to the module.

I have turned off all the devices on the device net. So, I am expecting to see an Idle status being displayed on the module.

Do you know what I am missing here to remove the blinking LED status?

THanks for your help
Omer

The "No Tx" message indicates is normal for a 1756-DNB that is alone on the network. It can't transmit any messages to establish connections to the slave devices.

You'll see "Idle" when the 1756-DNB has established I/O connections but they're in Idle Mode, meaning the scanner is sending zero-length Output data.

Connect the slave devices and you'll get the 1756-DNB's connection status to each device. If all connections are established and the -DNB RUN command bit is zero, the module will display IDLE. When the RUN command bit is one, the
module will display RUN.

Thanks Ken.

About the OK status LED - does this LED also remain off while the module does not have any device to talk to?