SCL FB Example

mnvoyageur

I am migrating from a SLC to 5K. I am having difficulty getting the SCL FB to work.

With an IF16, you do not have internal alarms on the module.

MN

What do you mean by "difficulty"?

It should be relatively straight forward, using the raw analog input (i.e. Local:2:I.Ch0Data) "wired" into the PV/Input of the scale block, then the final resulting tag (i.e. Tank2Temp) "wired" to the output.

You set up the scaling by clicking the setup box and setting your device input range (0-10, 4-20, 0-20, 0-32767, whatever) and your operating Engineering units range (0-300 'degrees'). You can also use tags or constant input references wired to the SCL block if you expose the pins. Make sure the data types you are using are REAL.

Does this help?

I could not get the SCL to work. TechConnect would not step me through it. They just suggested that I set-up a compute.

I used "ALM" FB's.

Maybe when I finish this project, I can explore SCL's.

Thanks.

Could you expand on the difficulty that you're having?

Try thinking of SCL as the Function Block equivalent of the SCP, the basic parameters are the same.

I'm unclear as to why you could use an ALM in place of an SCL, they have quite distinct functions although they are often used together.