Multiple tags for Animation

finski2

Hi,

I'm using RSView SE V4.0, and I have a graphic object that I am trying to animate with 30 tags. Not all at the same time, but conditionally, 1 at a time.

I tried to set up an array in VBA and using an indexing tag it would call the proper tag and use it to control the status color.

What this is: A process flow overview screen showing several pipes, pumps, valves and tanks. The one I am concerned with is the status of the tank that is being filled. There are actually a total of 30 tanks, but only 1 is filled at a time. I don't want to have 30 graphic objects that are only visibile when the appropriate tank is being used. The idea is that if the tank is flashing red, you click on it, and it takes you to 1 of 3 possible pages, depending on which tank is active, each with 10 tanks. This will then show a flashing red valve or any other alarm condition.

The animation editor will not accomodate this many if/then conditions, and I am not very good with VBA.

If anyone is able to make sense of what I typed and can help with using a VBA array of tag names for something like this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

You may want to look into parameter files. Or, you may have to use some indirect addressing in the PLC to send the required values to your display. I am a newbie with RSViewSE, so i'll stop there...

Yeah, I know. Indirect addressing would be awesome here as there is a LocalMessageDisplay that displays the tank name based on a tag value which happens to correlate to the tank number (1-30). Unfortunately, as always, that would be too easy, and I am not allowed to touch the PLC program.

Just making sure I've got a grasp on what you want to do.

You have an overview screen that shows the tank filling process (this is a general screen that applies whether Tank 1 or Tank 30 is being filled). When there's a problem the tank flashes red.

Depending on which tank is being filled, you want to take the operator to one of three screens (containing information for Tanks 1-10, 11-20, 21-30) for more details.

If the secondary screens identify which tank is in alarm, here's one possible suggestion: (This assumes you have a PLC tag that tells you Tank 22 is in alarm, for example).

--Set up color animation on the tank on the overview screen to blink when the tank goes into alarm.

--Behind the tank, set up an invisible button (just slightly larger than the tank graphic).
The button could then be configured to take the operator to the correct screen (Tank in alarm 1-10, open screen 1, etc.)

--The alarm screen would then give the detailed information.

Hope this gets the thoughts flowing...