allenbradley plc related ?

anusri

hi,
just i want to know, how to create alarm msg of the cpu which is gone fault
assume we have active powersupply, cpu and io cards and redundant powersupply, cpu and io cards
usually if active cpu some fault occurs, the process is taken by the redundant
but wan to know how can we create a msg that in active cpu some fault as occured, so that we can replace it

thanks

Hello anusri;

the answer will be diferent depending on the family of PLCs you are working with: Controllogix, SLC500, PLC5... Also indicate what redundancy module you are using for your application.
Please specify.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

there is a status file in some AB plcs which have a bit which goes HIGH to indicate CPU / IO fault... but u have to give more details about ur PLC config for a specific answer....