doc784 software problems

AllenO

I have a couple of Westinghouse Numalogic 900 PLCs that are still being used with no problems. Occasionally during power outages I must reload the PLC code from floppy using the DOC784 program that I was given with the equipment. The problem is this, I have only one copy of the DOC784 software, which resides on an old 3.5" 720kb floppy disk, that was given to me when the equipment was purchased. The condition of the floppy is sketchy at best. I've tried absolutely every way that I'm aware of to make a copy of the floppy, it just doesn't happen. Evidently the floppy has some corrupted sectors, but still loads somewhat fine (after several attempts) in the old DOS based machine I use to load from via null-modem cable. My fear is that one day the floppy will decide not to work. I do indeed have several duplicates of the PLC code for the Westinghouse contained on the floppy, but no way to load it if the floppy decides to die. There is one file in particular on the floppy that must lie in the corrupted sector, shpghfil.dat is the name. My question is this, does anyone still have a working copy of doc784 or shpghfil.dat that I might be able to obtain. Or, is there another software readily available that I might use to be able to communicate with my Westinghouse processors to load the PLC code back in case of emergency. Thanks very much in advance :).

I think the Westinghouse PLCs are orphans with no parents. Most of Westinghouse was bought by Siemens and others, except for the nuclear power branch.

There may be a program that will copy it. Try some of the old DOS bit-copy programs that make a complete copy of disks regardless of what is there, "corrupted" or not. Disk Factory, Copy CQ, and Disk Duplicator come to mind.