Trouble with RSLinx

juanmdx

Hi,
I'm using RSlinx ver 2.20.1 but I'm having trouble with it.
When I open it I click on the choose driver (I'm using DF1 to communicate with a SLC5/05) and the Autoconfigure runs correctly, but then, when I click on RSWho I get the following error:

Impossible to create the empty document

Don't know what can be wrong, can anyone help me please

Do anyone knows the site of AB where I can download the newest RSlinx?, maybe with that my problem will be solved.

RSLinx Lite is a free download, so you can get version 2.51 which is compatible with all current processors and with Windows XP.

Use the ordinary support.rockwellautomation.com website for downloading RSLinx. The "lite" version will not require an in-support serial number.

The "failed to create empty document" error indicates a file corruption or Windows Registry problem. The easiest and most common way to fix it is to delete the Harmony.rsh and harmony.hrc files in the \RSCOMMON directory and let RSLinx re-create them.

RSLinx 2.51 is a very large download, but you should have software that is less than five years old to support modern operating systems, controllers, and networks.

Another thought... You were having all kinds of problems with serial comm to your PVPlus. The SLC5/05 also has ethernet. Why not try it??

I have no problem to communicate to the SLC via serial, I've doing that before, the problem now is with the RSLinx.

Another question:

Can I communicate the PV+ witht the SLC5/05 via ethernet or how can I communicate those two. I was thinking on plugging the ethernet cable on both ethernet's ports (PV and SLC), can I do that?

I ran into this same problem a couple of years ago and unfortunately I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it.

I'm thinking I had to go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services
then enable the Harmony service.

Ok... I just tried it and that's what it was. If the Harmony service is disabled, then RSLinx cannot start it up and gives the error of "can't open empty project"
So make sure the Harmony service is set to Manual or Automatic startup.

Last edited: