how can I frezze a mitsubishi fx series timer?

ARACK MAYORGA said:
I wonder if it's possible to freeze or to stand by a timer, I have a PLC mitsubishi FX2N series.

is there any instruction to achieve the freezing?

Seems like you would just use a retentive timer. When you break the input circuit the timer should retain the last value and continue to time when the input is true again. If you are using an HMI you could program a pause key, and if using hard wired stuff you could use a pushbutton. You could have it activated by anything really.

Robert

If still want to use a regular timer:

Put a Timer_Timing coil in parallel with the timer coil.
Write a rung above the timer:
LDI Timer_Timing
MOV Timer_Value Timer_Value

Or use a counter driven by time pulse as a timer.

M8011 = 10ms pulse
M8012 = 100 ms pulse
M8013 = 1 sec pulse
M8014 = 1 min pulse
M8015 on = clock on
M8015 off = clock off
These are the Mitzi special timer registers. Hope it helps

Badger said:
M8011 = 10ms pulse
M8012 = 100 ms pulse
M8013 = 1 sec pulse
M8014 = 1 min pulse
M8015 on = clock on
M8015 off = clock off
These are the Mitzi special timer registers. Hope it helps

That is if you're not using a Q-series PLC. The Regesters are different in the Q-Series. SM400's are where the special relays are.

I saw gthe answer come and go... RETENTIVE TIMERS.

If you need more retentive timers than available on the FX2N, I saw that answer as well (COUNTERS AND CLOCK PULSES).

These are clearly demonstrated in the FX Programming Manual (JY992D88101) available at www.meau.com.