Bottle logic

Linde

I have an Exam in school and the only thing I can't do is Botttle Logic Please help. Our books say nothing on it and I can't seem to find any info.

Last edited:
I, for one, have never heard of "Bottle Logic" as any kind of style, or technique, or language or such.

Is it possible that what you are being asked about is the logic for a specific application you referenced ealier in the course? It really sounds like an application rather than something else.

Steve

:unsure:

I just did a Google search for "bottle logic". All I found was a reference to US military presence in Japan after WWII.

I agree, it's probably something like a problem involving bottles or something. You overslept that day, didn't you? :D

Bottle Logic is a synonym for a FIFO unload routine. It comes from the song that school kids sing to annoy their bus drivers on field trips.

Ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall,
Ninety nine bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around,
Ninety eight bottles of beer
Ninety eight bottles of beer on the wall,
Ninety eight bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around,
Ninety seven bottles of beer...

etc, etc, ad infinitum.

If I remember correctly the 'ad infinitum' is correct. The song's count does reset to 99 upon reaching zero. I think some serious crashes with the driver ending up stark raving mad is the result.

beerchug

BTW, does anyone know where that song CAME FROM?

I just think it'd be cool to know.