pulse I/O board

edman

I was wondering if it possible to send pulses to a vision sensor camera, banner P4ER, using a pulse I/O board to trigger the camera. I can get the camera to trigger using the transistor outputs on the OD212 output module, but the frequency of the pulses is too low(1KHz). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The pulse I/O board works well for controlling my rotary actuator, but I am starting to believe that is the only thing the output pulses can control.
Thanks,
-Erik

Erik,

I am not familiar with the Banner vision sensor, but at 1khz that is one pulse every millisecond. I seriously doubt the vision sensor can process that rapidly, let alone faster.

Just my two cents.

hi
Hope u r using a Vision COntroller through which u trigger the shots.
The Pulse input depends on the input pulse frequency of the controller. The trigger frequency[pulse input] should not exceed the limit. The pulse input frequency depends on the Scan rate[millisec]of camera & its processor.