Lg Plc

josesaucedo

Hello people.
I have a machine that had been down for trhee months without beeing turned on, now that I wanted to run it, I got error light on front of the PLC. Checked for power, it's OK. Does anyone think that the PLC failed becuse of the time that it was turned off?
Thanks.

If it has a battery for the CPU it may be flat.

If it doesn't have a battery then the capacitor has probably discharged.

If either of the above and you don't have an eprom then it is probably has lost it's program.

I don't know LG PLC's but I believe the above is correct for most.

I would call the company that made the equipment and see if they had backup program. I am sure they would. They would probly ask for the model number of the machine or some type of job ID.

DUNK

Whenever a PLC is going to be powered off for a long time it is a good idea to upload a backup of the program, and verify the battery is good.

Many PLCs use RAM, just like a PC, and what happens to your big Word document you didn't save when the power goes out? It's gone. The PLC's battery (or an EPROM or EEPROM memory card) are used to maintain the program when the power is off. If the battery is gone and there is no power, the RAM cannot be maintained.

As was stated, try to get a copy of the program from the machine builder. If not, you're looking at rewriting the program.

LG PLC?
Control Logix PLC battery lasts about 8 hrs after shutdown.
SLC 5/03,04,05 processor battery lasts about 9 month after shutdown
S5 Siemens processor battery lasts about 2 years after shutdown
S7 Siemens processor battery lasts about a week after shutdown

But...LG PLC? Didn't know LG made PLC other than appliances and TVs.

LG PLC?
Control Logix PLC battery lasts about 8 hrs after shutdown.
SLC 5/03,04,05 processor battery lasts about 9 month after shutdown
S5 Siemens processor battery lasts about 2 years after shutdown
S7 Siemens processor battery lasts about a week after shutdown

But...LG PLC? Didn't know LG made PLC other than appliances and TVs.

Yup same Korean company that makes the TVs. Schtick is free software and standard self made or store bought serial cables for programming