S5 Timers

manmeetvirdi

hi

I was going through S5 program.Timer instructions of S5 made me confused.

KT 020.1
+ (L )-!
!
!T 17
+--(SE )-!

KT02.1 is what?time?
SE means what?

SD type timers are also being used.SD means what?

Thanks
Manmeet

Don't know if this will help, its just the description of each of the timers from the help files. Don't know about the KT020.1.

---( SD ) (On Delay Timer Coil) starts the specified timer with the <time value> if there is a positive edge on the RLO state. The signal state of the timer is "1" when the <time value> has elapsed without error and the RLO is still "1". When the RLO changes from "1" to "0" while the timer is running, the timer is reset. In this case, a scan for "1" always produces the result "0".

Description

---( SE ) (Extended Pulse Timer Coil) starts the specified timer with the specified <time value> when there is a positive edge on the RLO state. The timer continues to run for the specified time interval even if the RLO changes to "0" before the timer has expired. The signal state of the counter is ”1” as long as the timer is running. The timer will be restarted (re-triggered) with the specified time value if the RLO changes from "0" to "1" while the timer is running.

Hello manmeetvirdi;

Maybe this can help:

S5_TmiValue.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks Tim2 for the explanation.

DChartier that type of manual will go long way to help decode the program,thanks. Can you let me know the link from where i can download it?I was unable to find instruction manual of S5.

In the Step 5 software, if u press F1 (I think) when inside the program blocks, then u can search for the instructions. They are quite well explained.

Hello amnmeetvirdi;

You did not give information on the family of S5 processors you are using: S5-95U/F, S5-100U, S5-115U/F, S5-135U, S5-155U.
I gave the following link to another poster for the manuals concerning S5/95U and S5-100U.
http://support.automation.siemens.c...083&treeLang=en
The Step 5 instruction manuals are included in the "S5-xxxU Programmable Programmer" manual, one per family. Since they are slightly different for each family, select the adequate family manuial from the navigation tree on the left panel of the above link.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Hi Daniel

Well was unable to open the thread posted by you.Iam going through S5-135U code.

T 10
+-----+
!1_-_V!
!TV BI!-
! DE!
! !
!R Q!
+-----+
O.K which timer is this?On delay,extended pulse,off delay?

Last edited:
Hello manmeetvirdi;

Don't know why the link did not work for you; from my office desk it opened, but from my home it did not. Will have to investigate.

In the meantime, here is a (tested) link to the S5-135U Programmable Controller manual;.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/19064874

The timer LAD symbol you show looks like a S_Pulse timer; the symbol at the top _-_ shows the timer output is ON when it starts and remains ON until the <time value> expires, unless it is reset before <time value> expires.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

dchartier said:
the symbol at the top _-_ shows the timer output is ON when it starts and remains ON until the <time value> expires, unless it is reset before <time value> expires.

Hi
Daninel that link worked and is waht i was looking for,thanks.
Also its mindblowing that S5 uses symbols for representing timers!

Regards,
Manmeet