SLC150 - Memory error - Upload program!

rdiazvel

Hi,

The company I work for buy a machine that works(?) with a SLC150. I will change this PLC with a new one. So I need to upload the program from de SLC150 to my PC. Now, the problem I have is that the SLC150 have a error code 6 (memory error) so I can't upload the program with the PCIS.exe.

Does anybody knows a trick to solve this problem without clearing all the memory of the PLC? I don't care if I loose some part of the program.

Thank you!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but error 6 is a memory parity error. That means that the program in the SLC150 memory is corrupted. You can't retreive the program because what is in memory has become scrambled. To correct the problem you will have to delete the program using PCIS and then download a new one.

SLC150s are really old. Its better to replace it with a MicroLogix 1000 or MicroLogix 1200.