S7 HW Config

AlanW

Sorry if this ends up a double post but our NW crahed just as I posted

I'm about to install a Teleservice adapter onto our existing system. I've installed all the software and I would expect to see the adapter in the hardware list in Step7 ready to insert onto the profibus when the TSA is installed.

Am I making a wong assumption here or am I missing something or will the PLC see the hardware and recognise it automatically (in which case where does it get the pretty picture which appears in the HW Config diagram)

Any help greatly appreciated

you need to see if they manufacture of the teleserver adapter supplies the GSD files generally if any graphics exist they put them in the zipped GSD file.

No, you dont have to add the TS adapter to the HW config of the STEP7 project. The TS adapter is similar to a PC adapter in this matter.
However, there should be a software package for setting up the TS adapter itself (MPI/DP address, baudrate, modem config..).

edit:
(in which case where does it get the pretty picture which appears in the HW Config diagram)
What pretty picture is that ? Maybe you can post a screenshot of it.

Sorry I was being a bit flip about the pretty pic, what I mean is that each piece of hardware in the HW diagram has an image to represent it.

I have the Teleservice software installed and it adds a menu entry to Step7 for configuration.

Thanks for your help

I am still interested to know what it is that is added to the HW catalog.
In which folder do you find the new entry for the TS adapter ?
Under Profibus DP .. Network Components ?

I've got it installed now. No bus errors or anything so I suppose it's OK

There is no reference to the TS on the HW Config, so I guess it is some sort of "dumb" device as far as Siemens is concerned?

I won't be able to tell if it's working OK until I get the programming done