Red Lion HMI (first time user)

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an application that calls for a Red Lion HMI series G308 or G310 24 VDC with Ethernet. This will go with an AB Compact Logix 1769-L35E with very basic OFF/ON and pressure display type set up. Can you tell me what I would need (HMI, software, program and comm. cable etc) to complete the Red Lion HMI part of this project?

I am also curious as to how difficult it will be to program the HMI. Is it user friendly? Typical windows drag and drop programming? Any ideas as to the learning curve going from AB panel views and C-more HMI to Red Lion?

g.robert said:
I have an application that calls for a Red Lion HMI series G308 or G310 24 VDC with Ethernet. This will go with an AB Compact Logix 1769-L35E with very basic OFF/ON and pressure display type set up. Can you tell me what I would need (HMI, software, program and comm. cable etc) to complete the Red Lion HMI part of this project?

I am also curious as to how difficult it will be to program the HMI. Is it user friendly? Typical windows drag and drop programming? Any ideas as to the learning curve going from AB panel views and C-more HMI to Red Lion?

Software Free Here

Learning curve, 1/2day playing (Basic stuff)

ControlLogix Tag Export/Import example here which i would imagine is similar

RL's tech support is 100% and they reply to posts rapidly on this board as well

Dave pretty much summed it up. Feel free to call us, 717-767-6511, with any questions. From your post, it sounds like we can get you up and running in a couple of minutes with a basic database.

Regards,
Dan

g.robert,

Use the link that Dave gave...it works very will (he gave it to me last week :) thanks Dave)
But as it says in the link make your program in the CLX first then import, it makes it easier

-------------------------------------------------------

Dave check your PM box, its full you need to delete some things, you can't recive anymore PM's

g.robert,

I am one of the local techie nerds for the RedLion products. Send me a PM and I will be glad to give you a hand. Or I'll send you my info through a PM.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

My Red-Lion guy is trying to get me to try the Newer Redlion stuff in the place of my normal Fanuc Quikpanel, On some of our low end machines.
The only experience I have is with the GL-350 Programmed with EDICT97, And IMO A PITA !!

The new Software is much easier and the reliability of the HMI is much improved.

Software is Very easy to Learn from what I have seen........

I have connected 7 G3xx units to the L35E over ethernet with no issues at all.
I did not use the native tag import functionality but set up gateway blocks under the generic ethernet modules in both CLX and G3.