step 7 on vista

irie

I am unable to install step7 ver5.1 or ver.5.3 on a windows vista operating system. Does anyone knows if there are any patch or fix available on the internet to enable the installation of this software.

XP support lagged a little for STEP 7, so I'd expect the same thing for Vista. It may be a good plan, it give's time for the Vista bugs to be worked out first.

Why do people always assume they can run old software on new operating systems? Step 7 5.1 if from back in 2001, and 5.3 is from 2003. Vista is from THIS YEAR. Not everything about any Microsoft upgrade is backward compatible.

Every place I've ever worked they give the shop guys and electricians the oldest crappiest computer left in the building, so it was never an issue.

From what I heard from Siemens was that it is not yet compatible.

Possibilities to try:
1, Dual boot Vista and XP
2, Virtual machine running XP, if you look up an old thread, you may see that there was some success with this approach in the past.
I am currently setting up a virtual machine using an old, licenced copy of Win 2000 for which we no longer have a PC. If that works, I may expand it in anticipation for Vista*.

*anyone had any success using Win XP virtual machine on an Ubantu OS?

STEP 7 V5.4 SP3
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/de/26578452
3 Software Requirements
3.1 Operating Environment
Operating systems
STEP 7 V5.4 including SP3 is a 32-bit application that is released for the following operating systems:

Operating System Service Pack
MS Windows 2000 Professional SP4
MS Windows XP Professional SP2

• MS Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition with or without R2 as workstation
computer (exception: SIMATIC M7, see also, instructions in Section 6.18 )
MS Windows Vista 32 Bit Ultimate and Business

siemens v5.4 step7

hi! thank you EKBist for this information.
but i'm looking for a crack for this version or serial .
i'm realy in need .
i have a project and i have to finish it .

crasherman said:
but i'm looking for a crack for this version or serial .
i'm realy in need .
i have a project and i have to finish it .
Legal method - You can activate trial 14 days license for finish a project.

When you buy Step7, pay for the service update package as well. I have just had 5.4 SP3 sent to me by Siemens having last year bought 5.3