RSSecurity Help

bigefatboy

Hi,
New to this sight, have a question hopefully someone can answer.

I recently got a new laptop at work, and while on vacation, someone tried to "help" by installing RSLogix500 and RSLogix5, but they also installed RSSecurity. I could not get this to work, nor could I remove the part that keeps it from still wanting a password. Now I am using RSLogix500 starter, which I hate, and another laptop for the RSLogix5. Does anyone know how to remove this? Or how to get it to actully work. I set up passwords with it, but it would always say my passwords were invalid, even though I could change the passwords if I wanted. I would rather remove it not use it. Running WindowsXP Pro.

Thanks!

When I install Rockwell software, I leave RSAsset Security as disabled as possible. This means I leave the default user name as "Administrator" and leave the password field blank.

I have had an occurrence where a Logon Message window appears notifying you that you are "unable to logon" and "there is no account for this computer in the local directory". This happened because the PC user (who had administrator rights on that XP Pro PC) was not same guy who installed the software (an XP Pro administrator). If this is your situation, the following steps may help.

The following steps helped in my case. Maybe they will help you.
1. Run "FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard." This is in the "FactoryTalk Tools" folder under the Windows Start menu.

2. In the "Overview" screen, make sure "FactoryTalk Local Directory" is checked and "FactoryTalk Network Directory" is clear. This is the default selection. Click next.

3. In the "Configure an Administrator Account" screen, leave the user name as Administrator and leave the password box empty, blank, clear - do not enter a password. Click next.

4. Click next in the "Configure a Local Account" screen.

5. In the "Set Initial Access Permissions" screen, keep the default settings. The "All Users" radio button should be selected. Click next.

6. In the "Summary" screen, click Finish.

Your Rockwell software should run now.

If not, and in the event RSAsset was setup and needs to be removed, you need assistance from Rockwell Support. They will supply you a document that your company must sign authorizing the removal of the security system. You need to fax that signed document to them and e-mail them a system file from your PC. They will give you complete instructions when you call.