RSView ME runtime loads an app, but won't run it!

TonyShell

Aargh! Why me? I consider myself to be very adept at RSView ME, however, this one has me stumped. It even has Rockwell Tech Support stumped (I'm sorta proud of that). I bought a tablet PC. It has Win Tablet PC Edition 2005 PS2, which is actually Win XP Pro with a few enhancements for a tablet (Tech Support wants XP Pro). I installed RSView ME runtime on it and tried to run an app that I developed. The app works when I test it on my laptop. But when I try to run it on the tablet PC, I get a "Failed to load Tag Config Server" error. From what I've seen, this is from having the file name over 32 characters, but my file name is only 5. Wait, it gets weirder. The PLC programmer beside me just got a different brand tablet PC with the same OS. It works fine on that one. I did everything that Tech Support asked me to do, including uninstalling and reinstalling the software, etc. and the SAME problem STILL occurs o_O ! Does anyone have a clue about this? If so, I will most likely worship the ground you walk on:geek: . Please help before I do something I regret 🔨 . Thanks in advance.

Well, Tech Support probably wants XP Pro SP2 because thats what they can test against.

I have RSView ME 4.0 runtime on an HP TC1100 tablet with Windows XP Tablet Edition, circa 2005. It works without that error.

What exact model of tablet PC is known to work for you, and which ones does not ?

Problem solved... sort of.

Ken,

Thanks for your response. I ordered another tablet PC that I know works. One of my colleagues had another, more expensive tablet PC for another project that worked. Instead of spending another bunch of hours to figure it out, I returned the first one and bought that one. The one that did not work was a DT330 from Midcom Data Technologies. I had an older DT360 from them and it worked fine. The one that did work was a DRS Tactical Systems Hammerhead. Thanks for your response.

Tony