Ultra 3000 firmware

Gerry

I'm about to upgrade a CLX system with some Ultra 3k's on sercos from version 10 to 15.
What I can't seem to find anywhere is whether the Ultra 3000 firmware needs to be updated, and if so, how.
Since the current version is less than 1.5, it can't be updated via the sercos ring. Ultraware might do it, but where are the firmware files hidden? (need a .hex extension?)

I don't have direct experince upgrading Ultra 3000 drives, unfortunately.

I can tell you that the Ultra 3000 firmware download for version 1.52 is at the very bottom of the Control Hardware Firwmare Update web page. It appears to be a ControlFlash installation kit. You are correct that the ControlFlash utility will only work with version 1.50 and later drive firmware.

The .HEX file that is loaded by Ultraware is available from Rockwell Automation Tech Support. Drop me a line via PM or e-mail if you need it this weekend (it's a long holiday weekend in the US).

Last edited:
Thanks, Ken.
I had found the 1.52 Controlflash file.
I'll try to get the .hex file from the local guys.

Do you know if the update is necessary?