Siemens Programming

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I have proogrammed many types of plcs like
AB Control logix ,slc and plc 5, Omron , Mitsubishi etc.
I have just done a Step 7 course and I am going to buy a
step 7 processor.I also have a field PG with step 7 and step 5 software.I am looking for some tips in getting started on S7 and maybe some S5 .I have no project at the moment so I am just doing this to learn something new.I really like working with the AB stuff and I fell that Siemens and AB are the two plcs used most in my area.I would like some good manuals,and maybe a web site for someone at the level I am at.I know there is some very good S7 guys here but I fell what I want to ask maybe a bit on the lower end of the scale.

Thanks Again to everyone at PLCS.net

Donnchadh K

Note that PLCSIM is a Step 7 300/400 plc simulator and may be a better option than a CPU if you are learning.

Donnchadh said:
...I am looking for some tips in getting started on S7 and maybe some S5 ....

Donnchadh,

S5 is the older model and unless you have a customer that has one, then do waist your time...S7 is very good and will keep you busy learning that one, from your post you have a lot of experience so I don't think you will have any issues learning

If you have to learn S5 then I would recommend some other software then Step 5, they have some after market S5 software that is good, you can search this site and find is 'S5 for Windows' is what I use

good luck

Hi All

Thanks for the info and links.The manuals look like a great place
to start.I also looked for the step 5 for windows and this looks a lot better that the software I have.

Once again thanks to all on PLCS.net

Donnchadh K