S7400H to AB PLC5 Communication

khalid_inayat

Hi and hello to everybody,
I have a question.

How can i communicate my S7400H system to AB PLC5 system(three PLCs. connected through DH+ protocol.
I want to initiate multiple pollings/requests to read data.

following points on which i stuck .

1- conversion from DH+ to DF1 protocol is point to point so i cannot talk to all three plcs through CP341.
2- I can use [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]DL4500-MEDH+[/font]but how can i connect for all plcs.I am not sure i can access all three plcs through one DL module or I have to install three DL modules.

What is the reliable solution.

I will be waiting for the reply

Thanks

khalid inayat

Ouch !

As always in such cases, we need to know how much data and how often it has to be trasnmitted.

You already have invested in a CP441 (not a CP341 I guess) with a loadable DF1 driver (*).
DF1 can operate in a master-slave mode (I have never tried it though) so maybe there is a way there. Maybe. And i dont expect it to be very performant.

I dont like the Modbus TCP - Datalink - DH+ scenario.
Too many conversion steps.

I suggest you install a Profibus card in each of the PLC5 racks.
http://www.mysst.com/bcm/prfbplc5.asp
This could even work with a redundant S7-400H setup.
The PLC5 racks have to be Profibus slaves then.
Be warned that everything with PLC5 is expensive. And expect these cards to be very expensive.
It will be reliable and performant.

*: reading your post again, I understand that you are only thinking about the CP341/CP441 option.

Last edited: