Mitsubishi QJ71E71 Ethernet Module

thomas1000

Hi,

I am looking for a basic description of what the following configuration parameter are and their function in the above module.

I have read the basic and application manuals and am none the wiser.

Has anyone got a download link or a manual that explains what the following terminology referes to:-

Open system

• Active
  • Unpassive
  • Fullpassive
  • MELSOFT connection
Fixed buffer communication

• Procedure exist
  • No procedure
Pairing open

• No pairs
  • Pairs

Existance confirmation

• No confirm
  • Confirm

Thanks Crossbow for your reply,I will download the manual to see.

Myreal problem is setting up communication using fixed buffers between two ports with a Q71E71 module and Beijers E1100 HMI.

I can get the two to communicate with each other by automatic port open using port 5000 on UDP but not using fixed ports 500 and 501. I have set the HMI and PLC using varying parameters without success.

Have you set up such a system and if you have how did you achieve it.

Thanks

I have made an E1101 communicate with a Q (actually with two E1101 and two Q on same network). Follow the steps as they are laid out in the E-Designer manual for the Ethernet connection. It's downloadable from www.meau.com.