IFIX/505 workshop trying to make soft switch

atifplus

Here I am trying to make a soft switch on IFIX that could change the value in PLC. I manage to read the value in IFIX from PLC. but now trying to write.

Using TI 505 V-memory. PLC logic on 505, using TIE driver, and IFIX ..

Again it is not a real plant just playing with it so i could
learn something.

adding some screen shots oh i haven't read the manual yet for 505 programming which i will be soon starting tmr.

so anyone who knows if i am doing a stupid mistake and could point out would be great

1- one of the block is button when i try to click to change the value in PLC getting this error
51561513ne6.jpg

2- here the testing tag is the one i configure in the database manager of PLC.
90110780gv5.jpg

3- configuration in TIE driver
39379583fw8.jpg

4- I linked the block to the scada

97366273co0.jpg

5- and lastly the 505 workshop i am lookin to monitor the change
33112271sf9.jpg

huh!!! 5 mins of battery left will post more info about it soon or will try to find the info and post the answer if i manage to find it :)

Thanks in advance

Atif

I'm not sure what you have won't work, but I've never seen it done like that.

In the TIE driver, you should have the V memory listed as signed or unsigned integers, or possibly floating, depending on how they are used in the plc, the C memory should be digital.

In IFix you should assign your button to a bit address such as C100 or V100.1
using a digitial out block or digital array, not an analog array. I would recommend you start out with just digita in or out, and analog in or out, once you get good at those, then you can start using the arrays.

In IFix assign your button using the " .F_CV " instead of .A_CV at the end of the tag.

Also:
In the TIE driver, it is much more efficient to have a few large polls, instead of many small polls. If I remember correctly you can read 4096 bits or 256 words per poll.

So instead of a poll for CR10 and a poll for CR54, have one poll for C1 to C100. Try to keep you V's together in the program so that you can read/write to all of them in as few a polls as possible. Each poll has a tremendous amount of overhead, so the fewer polls the better response.

Hi Ken,

I read in the manual somewhere that we should0 put only the data u need in the TIE driver program for polling. Right now I have only few tags but if the number of tags increased I will put the bunch in together and read then in one polling record.

Also Thanks a lot Ken for the tips..
Can we write on internal coils of PLC like u said "C100" also thanks for mentioning writing on bits e.g V100.1 never thought of it pretty nice IDEA :)??

In TIE does that CR correspond to C in PLC ?? Well I will give it a try oh

The problem I have was solved by going into advance tab (peeww and enable the output option) screenshot added.

1111fg2.jpg

Now designing a starter motor logic. :)