RSView32 7.0 Alarm History

DaveW

I can't seem to get the AlarmMonitor activex to display the alarm comment. Why is this so trivial? All I want is an alarm history similiar to the one that all the different versions of PanelView's have. This AlarmMonitor is a poor excuse for an alarm history. Am I missing something?

DaveW said:
I can't seem to get the AlarmMonitor activex to display the alarm comment. Why is this so trivial? All I want is an alarm history similiar to the one that all the different versions of PanelView's have. This AlarmMonitor is a poor excuse for an alarm history. Am I missing something?

I am unsure about an alarm monitor activeX
So here I am assuming you are talking about the native alarming in RSView 32
In the project manager in the graphics display library there are alarm examples in which you select the items you want displayed these are added in the edit mode not runtime

In the Project manager in the startup tab, have you ticked alarming check box

I find RSView 32 alarms provide atleast as much details as any Panelview I have seen.

I don't have any problem with getting the alarm summary to work. It's the alarm history that I'm after.

There is a button in the alarms library that allows you to call the alarm history, and if you have more than one file, on the menu bar you get choices, such as choose file, I think from there is what you are looking for.

From windows explorer, in your project, in alarm folder, can you open an alarm log file in Excel

Last edited:
Wow, that's the best RSView32 can do? I just want an alarm history object imbedded on one of my screen similiar to what I can do with all the PV's models. I would hate to give operators access to the operating system to open files and such. I know I can probably write some VB scripts and display the alarm history using these alarm files but this certainly isn't a very easy or nice solution.

Dave,

We just finished a project using RSView SE and had the same issue. We wanted to do the Alarm History window also but was told by Rockwell that we couldn't. The only option was to open up the alarm log file.

I take from your comments you need to create a button on your screen ,on the touch animation you need to select run a command, from there you have a chance to select several alarm options.

A little more info in your first post would have given you a better response. Thankyous are appreciated

I just added a button to the Alarm Summary to open the Alarm History during project runtime. The operator can't access the log files or change anything, just view the alarm history.

Gil47 said:
I take from your comments you need to create a button on your screen ,on the touch animation you need to select run a command, from there you have a chance to select several alarm options.

A little more info in your first post would have given you a better response. Thankyous are appreciated

First off, thank you for your help but the techniques to get an alarm history in RSView is horrendous and not straight forward. I'm sorry if you didn't understand my initial question that I wanted an alarm history, not the alarm summary. I just converted this application over from Wonderware and the operators are giving me all kind of craps about what they did have and what why things need to be done differently...yada yada. BTW, I did manage to get the AlarmMonitor activex to work and although it nowhere near the alarming capabilities of WW, it was just enought to get the plant off my back.

If what you want is what you see in the alarm file when it is opened in Excel then its just a matter of following my last post
I have a button that does that on my project
so also it appears does CNTRLFRK

cntrlfrk said:
I just added a button to the Alarm Summary to open the Alarm History during project runtime. The operator can't access the log files or change anything, just view the alarm history.

Unless you are wanting it on a printer, which I dont do, but I am sure thats also a possibility.

If none of this helps give us a screen shot of what you have.

If what you want is what you see in the alarm file when it is opened in Excel then its just a matter of following my last post
I have a button that does that on my project

Gil,

Do you mean you just open an excel file with a button or is it an alarm history screen?

rta,
Check out the AlarmMonitor activex. It will allow you to view the alarm history files without using Excel, popups, etc. You can imbed it as an object on one of your screen and it will looks somewhat like the alarm summary object.