PLC data fIle backup

wa5yom

Here is what I want to do.

I have a machinie PLC that stores a lot of Recipe info locally.

I want to manually toggle an event to Write the data to backup PLC who's sole purpose is data backup/restore. In the event of a machine PLC failure I want to be able to download the backup PLC data to the machine PLC

After transmission to the back up PLC, I want to validate that the data is correct.

My initial thought is to validate with some sort of checksum.....or transmit the data twice. The first transmission would be to the real files that I would use to restore from...and the second location would be dummy files location that I could use to compare the data to validate the backup.

All of this would take place manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
There is really no need to do the error checking, it is already done for you.
Schedule a block transfer from one PLC to another. Transfer it back to the original if you want and use the FSC instruction to compare the data.