Amps Monitoring on Logix 5000

artur

Hello, i am new in Programming and need some help from the Experts here.

I have to Implement an logging for my amps for my rectifier by hour, days and weeks and monts.

I get a amp meter on my recifier who gives me a 10 v output at 14000 amps.

The settings from the amps change during the day and i want to see how many current i use during the day, week , month .

i have to add the current from two rectifiers.

I dont know how to store the readings from hour, week and month .

Thanks or any help, Artur

Give me your email address and I'll send the code to handle it. What hardware are you using?Send me details of your Hardware, Firmware revs etc..

With rslogix 5000 you can scale your 0-10 VDC to be shown as your 0-14000 amps then you can use a timer or better use a GSV instruction to get your local time and use it to trigger a fifo to load you current value.
You can also send amps info to a text file if you want it.

good luck

This really does not seem like a PLC job. You need some type of HMI or similar product to datalog this in SQL or a standard database. The only thing the PLC should do is add the analog values of your 2 rectifiers together and store it to a register. Then datalog that.

If the data is already being "seen" by the PLC then setting up a datalog should be straight forward.

I can think of several AB/Rockwell products that could do this if I was trying to do it. You don't mention how you are displaying or accessing this data. That is important. If you are going to have to store all your data in the PLC then you are really limited on what you can do. If you don't use some sort of database and trending software this is just going to be a bunch of gobbldygook numbers all in a row. I would not think it would be of that much use without a trend? Especially if you are talking about months worth of data. You also don't mention your sampling rate. That is a pretty important detail.

Give more hardware details and someone can give better direction.

As for Francie Bellew not sending you all the files and info to do YOUR job, I would think you would want advice and then do it yourself. What will you learn if someone does it for you?

Good Luck

RSL

I never ask that someone send me the code for do that , i just ask for help.

I already display the actualy amps in my Panelview plus 700. I think if i make a snapshoot every minute that will be enough . i .need only the last 3 month , not all the yeahr to log.

Can i display he trend chart in Panelview ?

I just had a little view in the trend function. It seems like i can only store the data when i am online with my laptop, but i dont can let the laptop all the time online.

I need a solution, who run in the plc and display the results on my panelview 700 plus

Artur

If you are using a PanelView Plus you can trend it. In order to store the data you will need to set up some HMI tags and a datalog model in the application. There are a few extra steps to actually store the data, otherwise when you close the trend chart it dumps it. (I am talking about PVPlus NOT Logix5000 trend)

You will also need to decide where to save your datalog information. If your PVPlus sits on a network I would have it datalog to a remote hardrive accross your Ethernet. If that is not an option you may want to put a flash memory card in the PVPlus to write your datalog inormation to. There are several ways to store the information.

Read the manual and help files about datalogging and the trending object. Then come back and post any additional questions you have.

I just set one of these up on a PVPlus a couple of weeks ago and it was not too hard.

RSL

thks, then i have to order first a flash memory card for the pvplus because i dont have some other option to store the data

i had i quick overview about the trend funktion.... i think its not that what i need. i just want to display a value of the used amps, i dont want to display a chart. if i just write every minute the actually amps in a tag and count them together ,,, that shoud workor ?