Siemens WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1 Faceplates

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have a job where i have to provide around 20 off similar pages, so I thought of scripts or faceplates. I beleive it is not possible to change an IO field Tag using a script so faceplates it must be.

I am thinking of a single page with a faceplate plus up and down button, where the up and down changes the faceplate to point to the next DB area.

Can anyone provide a sample faceplate with at least 1 string tag and 1 int tag that changes on an event for me to peruse?

I realise the power user manual runs through this but it is not clear (to me)

I am happy to upload a 'play' project if it would assist in helping

Cheers, Chris

I beleive it is not possible to change an IO field Tag using a script so faceplates it must be.

Sure you can look for smart tags

I don't use a lot of face plates but I have done a little. First thing is to make the first screen the way you want it. Get the look and feal you are looking for. Then create the faceplate from that.

I don't know if I would use face plates. I would make the first page and then copy and past the screen back in to create 20 screens that are the same. That way I could go back and make small changes to each one if needed.

I am out of town now but I will try to post some stuff next week if you still need it

Here is a couple of screen shots of one of my faceplates.

face_plate_1.JPG

face_plate_2.JPG

Thanks for replying I took the easy way out with multiple screens. I think having multiple (similar looking) screens with give me more flexibility when the end user keeps moving the goal posts.

Cheers.