HOW TO FIND THE DATA for DATA LOGGING MODELS IN RSVIEW ME

siva_maddala

hai

welcome to the automation world. my name is siva. i am working as a programmer, i have to do scada in RSVIEW ME. i did it,but in that datalogging i am not getting. i am preparing data log models but where i have to get the report i dont know i tried in the manuals but link to the data report i am not getting, if any one knows can you please kindly help me

thanks and regards
M.SIVA

I am not clear as to what you are wanting
Try using the search feature by entering RSVIEW ME
It may answer your question or questions
If not give us more info to work with

Dear Gil

my doubt is by using every SCADA software we are generating Data logging and that data loggging we will get from excel report. here in RSVIEW ME i am preparing datalog models and i am not knowing how to connect the excel sheet or ms access to get the report. can you please kindly give some solution urgently.

thanks and regards
M.SIVA

hai GIL

Now i explain you clearly what my doubt is. my software is RSLOGIX 500 SLC. MY SCADA IS RSVIEW ME, in that data logging means when the event occured, when the pump star,when the plant trip these type of information available by using some report after pressing the report button the data is converted into excel sheet or ms-access sheet i dont know clearly. means SQL or ODBC database in RSVIEW32 I knows but in RSVIEW ME really i dont know i tried a lot but i am not getting the solution. i am preparing the datalog models by using the tags. and after running the project after some period i want to know what are the events happen regarding inputs and outputs. that information from where i have to collect it , that means how the linking to report the parth i dont know. i studied all manuals but i am not getting clearly. can you please give me the solution if knows as yearly as possible. because the plant commissioning is going on. after the test trials they asked the data log report. if any one knows kindly give me the solution

thanks and regards
M.SIVA

HAI GILL

I WANT TO KNOW THE HISTORY OF DATA by using SQL or ODBC you have to give the solution urgently thanks and regarads
M.SIVA

I think that you may have selected the wrong software for your applications. RSView Machine Edition (ME) is a machine-level HMI that supports both open and embedded operator interface solutions for monitoring and controlling individual machines or small processes. Are you working on a individual machine?
For viewing data on screen, use the 'Trend'object. Samples are provided with RSView studio.
Data can be saved on a memory card and then the data can be viewed on another computer. Cumbersome and not reliable

IF Machine editions stores Datalogs in the same fashion as RSView32, then there will be DBF files for each datalog. (broken down by whatever cycle you set in the datalog, day, hour, whatever) The default location is in the Project directory under DLGLOG and the subdirectory will be the name of the datalog. You will have to import the data into access or excel. (They are Dbase IV files)

I prefer access because I can parse out unwanted data and only look at what I want to examine, as otherwise it can get lage fast. (I use Narrow Storage format so its closer to a SQL database. Then I use a VBA script to import them into access. ((It is an UGLY hack, don't ask for it)))

The help files are ALWAYS the first place to look for help.

Quoted from the help files for RSView ME for Set up data logging (Paths tab) (You can find this yourself by opening a DataLog model, then clicking on the HELP button in the lower right hand corner.) To help you see the important information for your app, I've bolded it for you.
System default

The system default path will vary depending on the computer that RSView ME Station is running on.

• Log files for Windows 2000/XP applications are stored in this folder:
[font=Arial,sans-serif]\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Logs\Runtime Application Name\DLGLOG\Data Log Model Name[/font]

• Log files for PanelView Plus or VersaView CE terminal applications are stored in this folder:
[font=Arial,sans-serif]\Storage Card\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Logs\Runtime Application Name\DLGLOG\Data Log Model Name[/font]

Custom

Path where data log file(s) will be stored

Type the path to the folder location where run-time data log file(s) will be stored. The path must be in correct syntax for the machine the folder is stored on.

• For Windows 2000 and Windows XP applications, the path must contain a drive letter (such as C:\) or use the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style.
Paths using UNC style begin with two backslashes. For example, \\server\logs uses UNC style. In this example, logs is a shared folder on a network server.

• For PanelView Plus or Windows CE terminal applications, you can log to a location on the PanelView Plus or Windows CE terminal or to a PC or Compact Flash card. For example, \Storage Card\Data\Logs specifies a location on the PanelView Plus terminal.

To log from the PanelView Plus or Windows CE terminal to a network folder, use UNC style.

Important: The network must have domain name resolution, such as a DNS server, to resolve the UNC computer name defined in your path.

You can specify a path to a folder that does not exist. If it doesn’t exist, it is created at run time, as long as the user logged in to the run-time computer has folder creation rights at the specified location.

Files can be stored on a local drive, on a shared folder on a networked computer, or on a Compact Flash card for PanelView Plus and VersaView terminals.

A shared folder on a remote computer must be on a shared drive.