Linking Computers with Control Net Network

plcnovel

Hi There

How can I connect my Two Personal Computers with Redundant Control Net network? PCs are already equipped with 1784-PCIC cards. I have the T-Taps as well, Do I have to connect the drop cable of T-taps to the two PCIC cards installed on two PCs or I can connect my two PCs with a coaxial cable and then terminate the cable on the T-taps installed inside the panels.

I have already tried both methods but none of them is working for me. Please if someone can help in connecting two PCs with redundant PCIC cards it will be highly appreciated. No matter how I connect my PCs with the network, it makes the ‘A’ & ‘B’ LEDs on all the CNBRS blinking red and sometimes all the I/Os in the rack goes red blinking. As soon as I isolate my already scheduled controlnet network from these two PCs , everything goes fine. Please help me out in this as I am in critical stage of this.

For your information I am using fully redundant Controllogix network (with out redundant I/Os) with 1756-CNBRs of series E and Logix 1756-L63 Processors.

ControlNet does NOT use hubs or switches. DO NOT try the post above.

The 1784-PCIC cards should be treated exactly the same as every other node on the network. Every node MUST have the correct dropper cable that T-connects off the main coax trunk.

The dropper cable MUST be the correct AB part number. It is not just a "T-connection", there is a balun inside of it that is essential for the network to operate.

Each end of every main coax trunkline MUST have a BNC terminator resistor.

Every node on the network MUST have a unique address.

Checkout this document:

ControlNet Media Planning Guide