Powerflex 70 Remote I/O

70help

Is there any recent documentation on the powerflex 70 remote i/o adapter for use with the SLC 500 PLCs? The manual that comes with the device features code using the SLC PLC but I was hoping for some examples with block transfer read/writes. I can't really find what i'm looking for on knowledgebase either, but maybe you guys know? Thanks

There's a little-known Support and Forum site maintained by the good fellows up at Mequon that is separate from the main RSI/AB Knowledgebase.

You'll probably find what you're looking for there.

Browse to http://www.ab.com/drives and navigate to the User Forum.

I mostly use DeviceNet these days on the PowerFlex, but I know the 20-COMM-R for RIO was designed to retain much of the functionality of the good old 1203-GD1, so if you know how to do this with Plus/PlusII drives then the PowerFlex shouldn't be a stretch.